Thursday, December 13, 2018

Parental Anxiety and Accepting Help

Parental Anxiety and Accepting Help - Holding On and Letting Go
I just self-published this one on Medium.
It was inspired by a dream that helped me understand my feelings in regards to parental anxiety and control.
I also wanted to write something positive about the experience (free childcare!) that's happening right now while we're staying at my parents' house, as my mom is very concerned about how I write about very personal things and thinks my writing skews too negative. It is definitely a fine line, how to be honest instead of falsely rose-colored, but how not to cause others pain through your honesty. Let's add that anxiety to the mix.
Me and my boo, before a holiday party, when she was 1. Photo Credit: Author.

No comments: