Wednesday, January 2, 2019

I Do Not Buy My Coffee Out - A Poem and a Plea

To celebrate my new Ko-fi page, I wrote a funny poem about coffee.
“What good shall I do this day?” coffee mug. Cropped Photo by Nathan Lemon on Unsplash


I do not buy my coffee out,
I make it ’stead at home.
A little soy milk, not too much,
we can’t afford the foam.

Some days I use the same grounds twice,
my husband doth protest.
But it still smells like coffee,
#SeriouslySoBlessed.

I’ve had café Cubano,
espresso Italiano too.
I know good coffee, but I settle
for my own homebrew.

And, yes, I am a mother,
so I often drink it cold.
A warm mug or my babyboo?
I choose my dear to hold.

But still I drink two cups a day
or my headache gives a warning.
So could you spare a cup, my friend?
Thank you. Good night. Good morning.

I just started a Ko-fi page. You can buy me a cup of coffee at ko-fi.com/darcyreeder. Thank you times a million.

No comments: