Monday, June 25, 2018

Sidecar Your Crib: A Co-Sleeping Solution

My newest piece for Raise Vegan is one for all the pregnant people and exhausted new parents out there.

For me, the hardest part about co-sleeping with Tzivia right in the bed was that I like to pull my blankets up all the way over my mouth. Obviously, this wasn't going to work with a newborn in the bed, so I abruptly had to change my habits. I started wearing a fleece blanket as a hat (see below) and sleeping in a cardigan (to keep me warm but be unbuttonable for nursing in bed) so I could leave my blanket safely at my waist, but I just was not getting any sleep that way.

When we put Tzivia in the sidecarred crib, it was a total gamechanger.

Trying to keep comfy/warm without smothering her (pre-sidecarred crib)

No comments: